We are looking for an experienced and motivated Building Physics Engineer/Consultant with a proven track record. In return, we offer a generous benefits package including 28 days annual leave, hybrid working, and 6-monthly bonuses.
- Assist in leading and managing building physics and building energy projects from inception to completion, ensuring high quality and timely delivery of services.
- Provide expert guidance to clients on building performance strategies, including energy modelling, thermal analysis and net zero carbon pathways.
- Conduct detailed building performance simulations using IES (Integrated Environmental Solutions) software and analyse the results to inform design decisions and optimise building performance.
- Undertake SAP assessments.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to develop sustainable building designs and strategies.
- Support team leader in providing guidance and training in the professional development of more junior team members.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in the field of building physics and sustainability.
- Proven experience as a Building Physics consultant, with a strong focus on energy modelling and simulation.
- Proven experience with GLA energy assessments.
- Proficient in using IES software for building energy modelling and simulation, including
- Part L compliance
- Thermal comfort and overheating
- CIBSE TM54
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team oriented environment.
- Detailed understanding of UK building regulations and sustainability standards (e.g., Part L, Part O, NABERS and BREEAM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of building physics principles, thermal comfort analysis, and sustainable building design strategies.
- Proficient in SAP assessments
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field such as Building Physics, Environmental Engineering, or Sustainability.
- Experience with IES ApHVAC modelling
- Accredited LCEA and/or OCDEA
- Experience in NABERS Design for Performance
Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com